A cake is a universally loved food, and in kids especially, it is usually a raging favorite. But what if you have a child with special needs, who cannot digest the gluten and casein present in most cakes?
|Jowar or Sorghum Flour|
- 1 cup Sorghum flour/ Jowar flour
- ½ cup corn flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 and ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 pinch baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1/4th cup warm water or coffee
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- pinch of salt.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C. Or if you are using a pressure cooker, remove the whistle and close the lid with the rubber ring in place. Heat on high for fifteen minutes.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- With a hand mixer or a hand held balloon whisk, mix slowly while adding the oil and water mixture. Mix it till it is homogenous.
- Now add the eggs one by one and beat for 1 minute after every addition.
- Pour the batter in a butter paper lined baking tin and place it in the middle rack of your oven. Bake for 40 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs.
- In case of pressure cooker, place the cooker jaali inside the cooker, and place the tin on it. Close the lid and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 40 minutes on medium flame or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes with a few crumbs.
|Yummy Gluten-free Brownie|